Monday, May 31, 2010

Be the change

So many people I talk to tell me they can't find the time to work out as often as they need to. I totally understand that. I have two kids, a business to run, a hubby to love, and then there's me time (I hope). So in the words of the Buddha - be the change.

I want to blog every day to share so much fitness information with you, so here I sit at 5:19, dressed for work and blogging because this is when it needs to happen. So for me to be the change, simply means getting out of bed 15 minutes earlier so that I can do that.

What it means for you is that instead of finding the reasons why you can't find the time to workout, make a reason to do it, ie your health, and then find a way to be the change.

If you keep prioritising other things over your workout such as doing the housework or having a social coffee, then reprioritise or include those things in your workout. If the housework is the issue start doing your lunges while you vacuum, your squats while you put the washing on the line, your push ups as you make the beds. If it's the social commitments, or your husband/wife that is stopping you from working out then why not go the other way and bring hubby/wife or your coffee buddy to the gym; do some partner training or small group training with a personal trainer. It is so much fun. It will give your relationship a whole new dimension and help you make better choices when you do have that coffee afterwards.

As you start this new week, and tomorrow a new month, make a commitment to being a healthier you and be the change that will bring good health to your life.

DO IT TODAY and have your best day yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment